CoroNet Service Contract
In this agreement:
- CoroNet is the name of the business that creates and maintains websites as described on www.coronet.co.za;
- the Service means the creation and maintanance of websites by CoroNet;
- Party or Parties means you and us; and
- the Agreement means this service contract.
CoroNet is a Web Presence Provider. Clients using our Services are subject to compliance with the terms and conditions in this Agreement.
Under the terms of this Agreement, your placement of information on CoroNet website (www.coronet.co.za ) is an acknowledgement that you have read and understood this Agreement, and that you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should not proceed to place any information of any kind on www.coronet.co.za.
It is important for you to understand what is contained in this Agreement. There are some clauses which we have put in bold font to bring them to your attention.
Please make sure that you have read this Agreement and that you ask any questions if you do not understand anything, as these conditions will be the basis on which we provide you with our services.
By making use of the Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by this Agreement.
- COMMENCEMENT, TERM AND TERMINATION
This Agreement shall commence on the date that the Services are first made available to you. It will endure for an indefinite period, on the same terms and conditions as set out in this Agreement (as amended), until terminated by either Party giving the other Party 30 days prior written notice.
The CoroNet websites and their contents, including the entire administration system associated with this website are copyright © 2008 CoroNet Systems. All rights reserved. No part may be reproduced in any form, without explicit written permission from CoroNet. Content includes all audio files, images and text.
- Service charges are provided either on a quarterly or an annual basis (you choose from these 2 options when you order a website) , and are calculated in accordance with CoroNet’s rate schedule. Go tohttp://coronet.co.za/Costs.html for full details. Billing administration for the hosting service has been contracted to Spaceacre, who process the billing for the websites and domains and renewals and well as dealing with the cancellation or terminations of websites. (www.spaceacre.com, email email@example.com).
- A valid debit order must be submitted to Spaceacre within 7 days of your placing an order for the Services.Each time a debit order is rejected, an additional handling fee of R35 will be payable.
- Should you choose to pay cash, the only method of payment available would be annually in advance by direct deposit into Spaceacre’s nominated bank account. The charge for your entitlement to use the Service on an annual basis is payable in full in advance by you to Spaceacre within 21 days of placing the order.
- Spaceacre shall be entitled (without obligation) to suspend the Services on non-payment of applicable charges which are due and payable by you.
- In the event of a legal dispute between the Parties, you will be obliged to continue paying the charges as they become due and payable in terms of this Agreement.
- CoroNet reserves the right to adjust Service charges at their sole discretion. A change in charges will be effective immediately and will be recovered from you as soon as possible after the change.
- REFUND POLICY
- Spaceacre will offer a refund for the Services if your written request for termination is received within 7 days of its receipt of your initial order. It is your obligation to ensure that Spaceacre receives your termination request.
- Any cost(s) which Spaceacre may have incurred directly or indirectly as a result of the initial order are non-refundable. Such items include domain name(s) registrations, man-hours, and traffic volume.
- Refunds will be made by electronic bank transfer to your bank account. If you have any questions regarding our refund policy please call (+27) 21 423 6882 (+27) 21 423 6882 , or e-mail Your question to firstname.lastname@example.org . The process of how to cancel your site is on http://coronet.co.za/Cancellation.html
- USE AND SECURITY OF YOUR ACCOUNT
- You recognise and understand that the security of your account is your sole responsibility. You confirm by this Agreement that CoroNet shall be entitled to rely on the fact that any person that has access to the Services via your account shall be deemed to do so in your name and with your consent.
- You undertake to notify CoroNet immediately in writing if you have cause to believe the security of your account has been compromised.
- You shall be held fully responsible for any misuse of or compromise to your account of which CoroNet is not notified in writing.
- CoroNet reserves the right to suspend access to your account, pending a full investigation and resolution of it, if any security violations are reasonably believed to have occurred in association with your account.
5.CoroNet further reserves the right to cooperate with any lawful investigation regarding any aspect of your use of the Services.
- Any use of the Services to engage in software piracy or other violations of law will result in account suspension, and will be immediately reported to the appropriate authorities.
- USER CODE OF CONDUCT AND PROHIBITED ACTIVITY
- The Services may only be used in accordance with this Agreement, and for lawful purposes. Use of the Services which violates this Agreement, or any applicable laws, is strictly prohibited.
- You undertake to adhere to systems and acceptable use policies as published online by CoroNet (which may be amended from time to time), including restrictions on aspects of the Services associated with each account type, restrictions on certain features, and all other policies designed to protect and enhance the quality and reliability of the Services at CoroNet. You undertake to abide by all current and future CoroNet policy decisions.
- You understand and acknowledge that by using the Services to make information available via the Internet or any of its protocols, such information may become available to all Internet users, and that CoroNet assumes no obligation or liability in limiting or restricting access to such information, or protecting such information from infringement.
- You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the Services and the Internet. It is your sole responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, advice, products and services, and any other information, and the quality of all merchandise provided through CoroNet or on the Internet generally.
- Any change to the recruiting or retail website that is required by law or by Herbalife rules will be implemented on the CoroNet sites. If at all possible, sufficient warning of the change will be given to you as the client but CoroNet is not responsible for any such changes and the effects of the changes.
- According to Herbalife regulations, you need to check with your upline Herbalife President team member whether you may use the CoroNet websites.
- We urge you to make sure that you and your company strictly comply with the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (the “Act”) and encourage you to consider additional legal advice should you be unsure of anything within the Act. Please take note that CoroNet will not be held responsible in any manner whatsoever for any lack of compliance by you, the client, should you contravene these regulations. In light of section 37 of the Act we would like all CoroNet clients to be aware of the following:
- Section 37
1.1 Section 37 provides that in any offers relating to alternative work schemes such as the one contemplated by the Website, no false representation may be made in respect of the availability, profitability, risk or any other material aspect of the work, business or activity.
1.2 Each advert promoting any alternative work scheme must contain:
1.2.1 a prescribed cautionary statement;
1.2.2 full name, registered business name, contact details and address of the primary place of business of the promoter;
1.2.3 a description of the nature of the work or activity.
1.3 No fee may be charged by the promoter unless the consumer/potential candidate has already been assigned or has performed work or has made or received the contemplated investment. In other words, no upfront payments may be required, only once the consumer has joined may he or she be required to pay any amount.
Please download the full act by clicking on the link http://www.coronet.co.za/custom-1/CPAn29November2010n.pdf and specifically go through the sections of the Act that relate to marketing / communication & emailing issues etc.
- All members who use the CoroNet systems must use due diligence to confirm that the website of their choice, services and materials including any decision package they chose to use are in compliance with the applicable country’s laws and Herbalife’s rules.
All rules are designed to protect the consumer and the reputation of Herbalife Distributors.
While using the Services, you may not (nor may you authorise or permit any third party to) knowingly and intentionally:
- Use the Services in any manner prohibited by relevant legislation, including the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002;
- Post, access or transmit any unlawful information (including without limitation abusive, defamatory, obscene, or like infringing information of any kind; any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any national or international law, including without limitation laws protecting intellectual property including copyright, trademark, trade secret, misappropriation and anti-dilution laws);
- Post, publish, transmit, reproduce or distribute any information or software which contains a virus or other harmful component;
- Post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way exploit any information, software, or other material obtained through the Services for commercial purposes (other than as expressly permitted by the provider of such information, software, or other material);
- Cause damage to or otherwise interfere with the proper operation of any other information systems accessible via the Internet, including any attempt at unauthorised access of restricted forums or resources;
- Avoid or contravene the Acceptable Use Policy of any network or service you connect to via the Internet; or
- Make use of the Services for the transmission or facilitation of spam (which may be declared so by CoroNet in its sole and unfettered discretion, following an investigation into your use of the Services for qualities including the transmission or facilitation of the transmission of information which is characterised as being unsolicited (whether of not being of a commercial or promotional nature), or where a single or similar message is transmitted or facilitated in bulk, and considered to be an annoyance or hindrance to others), whether by email, Usenet postings, fax, sms or any other communication mechanism relying on the Services.
Any breach of this clause will constitute a material breach of this Agreement, and shall, without derogating from any other right of recourse available to it, entitle CoroNet to immediately suspend the Services.
- YOUR WARRANTIES
- You undertake to indemnify and keep CoroNet indemnified from any claim howsoever arising (lawful or otherwise), brought by any third party resulting from your use of the Services.
- You undertake to pay all costs, damages, awards, fees (legal fees on an attorney-and-own client scale, whether incurred prior to, during or after the institution of legal proceedings) and judgments finally awarded against CoroNet arising from such claims.
- You undertake at all times to acquaint yourself with and abide by applicable legislation and regulation, and accordingly indemnify CoroNet against any and all damages or loss occasioned by your non-compliance of this.
- DOMAIN NAMES
- You hereby confirm and warrant that you are the owner of, or are otherwise authorised or entitled to use a trade or service mark associated with any domain name(s) used or applied for and used in conjunction with the Services.
- You warrant that your application for, and where applicable, use, of a domain name(s), in connection with the Services, will not infringe the rights of any other person(s), whether in statute or at common law.
- You indemnify CoroNet and hold it harmless against any and all claims or losses arising out of any action brought by a third party whose rights in respect of a logo, business name or trade mark have been infringed by you .
- If you request that CoroNet registers domain name(s) for and on your behalf, you acknowledge that:
- CoroNet does not guarantee that the domain name(s) you request is/are available for registration, or that the use of such domain name(s) will not infringe any third party rights;
- CoroNet is not a domain name provider, but a mere third-party agent acting on your instructions, to the extent that those instructions are possible and lawful;
- The registration of the domain name(s) and its/their future availability and use is subject to the terms and conditions of use of the domain name(s) provider;
- CoroNet charges an additional service fee for the administrative processes involved in applying for, and where applicable, maintaining the registration of a domain name(s) on Your behalf;
- The registration and maintenance of the use of the domain name(s) may be subject to Alternate Dispute Resolution procedures here and internationally, and you acknowledge that your rights in and use of the domain name(s) may be subject to the determinations of juristic Panels constituted in accordance with the terms and conditions of such procedures, and
- Any fees and associated charges incurred in the process of applying for, renewal and maintenance of registration of the domain name(s), including any administrative work performed by CoroNet following a dispute to the domain name(s) are for your account, and are non-refundable.
- Any Internet Protocol (IP) address allocated by CoroNet to you shall at all times remain the sole property of CoroNet, and you will have a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use such IP address for the duration of this agreement.
- If this Agreement is terminated, for whatever reason, your license to use the IP address shall immediately, automatically, and without prejudice, terminate.
- DISCONTINUANCE OF SERVICES, MONITORING, NOTIFICATION
- CoroNet reserves the right to refuse or discontinue all or part of the Services at its sole discretion if you engage in any conduct or activity that CoroNet in its sole discretion believes violates any of the terms and conditions in this Agreement, or is detrimental to its interests under this Agreement.
- You acknowledge that CoroNet has the right to monitor your use of the Services from time to time in accordance with applicable legislation, and to disclose any information as is necessary in compliance with the law.
- CoroNet assumes no obligation to act as an information content monitor, but reserves the right to refuse to post, or to remove from publication, any information or materials, in whole or in part, that, in its sole discretion, are unacceptable, undesirable, or in violation of law or of this Agreement.
- CoroNet shall have no obligation, on discontinuation of provision of the Services, to notify any third-party providers of services, merchandise or information, nor shall it be liable for any consequences resulting from such discontinuance or lack of notification.
- NO WARRANTIES
- Other than as set out in this Agreement, CoroNet, its employees and agents make neither express nor implied warranties or representations of any kind in respect of the Services, including warranties of title, non-infringement, or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. The Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. All warranties that are implied or residual in common law are hereby expressly excluded.
- Without limitation to the generality of the above clause, CoroNet does not warrant that the Services available to you:
- will be preserved or sustained in their entirety;
- will be suitable for any purposes;
- will be free of errors, defects, bugs or viruses of any kind;
and CoroNet assumes no liability, responsibility or obligation with regard to any of the exclusions as set out in this clause.
- EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
1 CoroNet will not be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, consequential or incidental loss or damage (including damage to property, business, or goodwill, or loss of profit, revenue or anticipated savings) that result directly or indirectly from:
(i) your use of or inability to use the Services; or
(ii) for third parties’ use of the Services; or
(iii) your or any third parties’ reliance on or use of information, services, or products provided together with, on or through the Services; or
(iv) mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance in the absence of gross negligence or wilful default on our part.
- Subject to the above clause, the entire liability of CoroNet, and your exclusive remedy for damages related to or arising from this Agreement, whether in contract or in delict, will not exceed the average aggregate of the charges paid by you to CoroNet during the 3 months directly preceding the claim.
- CoroNet reserves the right from time to time to suspend access to or provision of the Services for maintenance and repair work to its systems and infrastructure. In such instances and where possible, CoroNet shall endeavour to provide due notice in advance of any restriction of or limitation to the Services. Any liability for any loss or damage arising from such restriction or limitation, whether direct or consequential, is hereby excluded, and the provisions of the first Exclusion of Liability clause above shall apply with the necessary changes to such restriction or limitation.
- You agree, without limitation or exception, to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless CoroNet from any and all liability, penalties, losses, damages, costs, expenses, attorneys’ fees (on an attorney-and-own-client costs scale basis), causes of action or claims caused by or otherwise resulting indirectly from your use of the Services which causes damage, either to you, CoroNet, or any other third party.
- This indemnification extends to all issues associated with your account, including but not limited to domain name(s) selection and web site content.
- CLIENT INFORMATION, FINANCIAL INFORMATION, RIGHT OF USE
- You warrant that all information provided by you to CoroNet, including all your identification and contact information, is true and correct, and that should such information change, you will notify CoroNet thereof within 30 days of such change.
- You further warrant that you are the authorised user of any financial information (including without limitation any current account or credit card information) provided to CoroNet, and that CoroNet has the right to investigate and pursue any possible fraudulent use thereof.
- VIRUS SCANNING, SPAM FILTERING, PERMANENT DELETION AND BACKUP OF DATA[Z19]
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. CoroNet is not responsible for the security or integrity of any information stored with CoroNet and associated with your account.
- You undertake full responsibility for the integrity of all files and information communicated via the Services, and you will ensure and maintain appropriate backup facilities of files and information stored on CoroNet servers.
- You acknowledge that, upon the termination of this Agreement for whatsoever purpose, CoroNet shall be entitled to permanently remove your information from its servers within a reasonable period, following notice to you. If you have not made alternative arrangements acceptable to CoroNet for the safe transfer or further storage of your information, CoroNet accepts no liability for the permanent deletion of it.
- As a responsible party facilitating access to the Internet and associated protocols, CoroNet has a virus scanning and spam filter activated by default. In the unlikely event that “false positives” (a legitimate message mistakenly marked as spam) occur, CoroNet will not be held liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, should legitimate information incorrectly be identified as spam or a virus, and filtered out, and the provisions set out in clause 1 of the Exclusion of Liability provision above will apply, with the necessary changes.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- You acknowledge that, by virtue of this Agreement, you acquire no interest or any other right in the Intellectual Property of CoroNet or its affiliates, and that all such Intellectual Property is and shall remain the exclusive property of the Party to which it belongs.
- If you become aware of any actual, threatened or suspected infringement of such Intellectual Property, you undertake to immediately notify CoroNet thereupon in writing.
- Choice of Law, Jurisdiction: This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Both Parties consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Magistrates Court, with regard to any proceedings in connection with the Agreement. CoroNet may in its discretion institute proceedings in the High Court of South Africa.
- Pre-Contractual Negotiations: This Agreement supersedes any written, electronic, or oral communication you may have had prior to the conclusion of this Agreement with CoroNet, or any agent or representative of CoroNet. This Agreement constitutes the complete and total Agreement between the Parties.
- Acting as Principal: Each Party warrants that, in entering into this Agreement, it acts as a principal and not as an agent for any undisclosed principal.
- Domicilium Citandi Et Executandi: The Parties choose the following addresses for the purposes of this Agreement as their respective addresses for all purposes, including for the delivery of notices:
CoroNet / Spaceacre: Cape Town – Head Office, Suite 101, 68 Bree St, Cape Town
You: the physical address supplied by you when providing information as recorded in our billing system.
Each Party shall be entitled to vary its address in writing to the other Party. Any communication shall be deemed to have been received on the 7 th day following despatch of it. A communication actually received by a Party shall be adequate notice, despite it not being sent to the other Party’s chosen address.
- Unilateral Amendment: CoroNet shall be entitled to unilaterally amend the terms of this Agreement insofar as they relate to the applicable charges from time to time, which shall then become effective as from the date CoroNet notifies you of the change. Further, CoroNet shall be entitled to unilaterally vary the terms of this Agreement upon a change in the law as it applies to the telecommunications sector in general, in order to continue to offer its Services to all then current clients.
- No Variation: Subject to the provision above, no acceptance by you of information offered by CoroNet, its agents or employees, shall constitute an agreement expanding or diluting the terms and conditions of this Agreement, unless such offer and acceptance is explicitly intended to vary this Agreement in an addendum, and is signed by an authorised representative of CoroNet.
- Indulgence: An indulgence granted by either Party shall not constitute a waiver or abandonment of any of that Party’s rights in this Agreement, and that Party shall not be precluded from exercising any right against the other Party which may have arisen in the past, or which may arise in the future.
- Waiver: A waiver by either Party of any provision of this Agreement shall not be binding against that Party unless expressed in writing and signed by the Party giving it, and in that event such waiver will only be effective in that specific instance and for that specific purpose.
- Severability: If any provision of this Agreement is determined by a Court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. These provisions shall be performed to the maximum extent possible so as to obtain the intended result, and CoroNet shall be entitled to review, correct and communicate a reformed provision only to the extent necessary to give intended effect to the original provision.
- Surviving Clauses: Upon the termination or cancellation of this Agreement or any clauses of it for any reason, those clauses which are intended to continue and survive such termination or cancellation (including, the clause describing Intellectual Property provisions) shall continue and survive.
- Assignment: You will not be entitled to cede or assign this Agreement or any part of it without the prior written consent of CoroNet and this Agreement shall be binding on Your respective successors and assigns. CoroNet shall be entitled to assign its rights and obligations without your consent to an entity which acquires all or substantially all of the assets of CoroNet, provided that such assignment does not relieve such assignee of its obligations under this Agreement.
- Representations: Neither Party shall without the prior written consent of the other Party refer to itself as an authorised representative of the other Party, or use the other Party’s logos, trade or service marks. Despite this provision, CoroNet is hereby authorised to identify you as it’s customer for reasonable marketing and/or publicity announcements.
A note to you, our customer:
This is our account service contract. It is fairly standard and necessary to protect all role players, including our clients, in an international market. Like all of our policies, the contract is designed to maximise the efficiency and quality of our service for all clients.